Monthly Archives: May 2013
BEING SET FREE TO OBEY
[Matthew 28:10; 16-20]
(10) then said Jesus unto them, Be not afraid: go tell my brethren that they go into Galilee, and there shall they see me.
(16) Then the 11 disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.
(17) And when they saw him, they worshipped him : but some doubted.
(18) And Jesus came and spake unto them saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
(19) Go ye therefore and teach all nations , baptizing them in the name of the Father , and if the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
(20) Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
MARKS ACCOUNT OF THE GREAT COMMISSION[Mark 16-15].
Lets begin reading at verse 9.
(9) Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week . He appeared first to Mary Magdalene , out of whom He had cast 7 devils.
(10) And she went and told them that had been with Him, as they mourned and wept.
(11) And they, when they had heard that he was alive, and had been seen of her, believed not.
(12) After that He appeared in another form unto two of them, as they asked and went into the country.
(13) And they went and told it unto the residue: neither believed they them.
(14) Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen Him after He was risen.
(15) And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel unto every creature.
(16) He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved: but he that believeth not shall be damned.
(17) And these signs shall follow them that believe; in my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
(18) They shall take up serpents ; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
(19) So then after The Lord had spoken unto them, He was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
(20) And they went forth, and preached everywhere, The Lord working WITH THEM.. not FOR THEM, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.
WHAT IS THE LORD REQUIRING OF US
He hath showed thee O man, what is good, and what doth The Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with The Lord.
3 PURPOSES OF THE BIBLE
(2) Inspire Faith
(3) Secure Obedience
Heavenly Father, I bow in worship and praise before you. I cover myself with the precious blood of The Lord Jesus Christ as my protection. I surrender myself completely and unreservedly in every area of my life to you. I take a stand against all the workings of Satan that would hinder me in my prayer life. I address myself only to the True and Living God and refuse any involvement of Satan in my prayer. Satan, I command you , in the name of The Lord Jesus Christ , to leave my presence with all your demons . I bring the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ between us.
Heavenly Father, I worship You and give You praise. I recognize that You are worthy to receive all honor and praise. I renew my allegiance to You and pray that the blessed Holy Spirit would enable me in this time of prayer. I am thankful Heavenly Father that You have loved me from past eternity and that You sent The Lord Jesus Christ into the world to die as my substitute. I am thankful that the Lord Jesus Christ came as my representative and that through Him you have completely forgiven me. You have adopted me into Your family; You have assumed all responsibility for me; You have given me eternal life; you have given me perfect understanding of righteousness through the Lord Jesus Christ so I am now justified. I am thankful that in Him You have made me complete, and that you have offered yourself to me to be my daily help and strength. Hallelujah !!!!
Heavenly Father, open my eyes that I might see how great you are and how complete your provision is for this day. I am thankful that the victory that The Lord Jesus Christ won for me on the cross and in His resurrection has been given to me and that I am seated with The Lord Jesus Christ in the heavenlies. I take my place with him in the heavenlies and recognize by faith that all wicked spirits and Satan himself are under my feet. I declare, therefore, that Satan and his wicked spirits are subject to me in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.
I am thankful for the armor you have provided. I put on the Girdle of Truth, the Breastplate of Righteousness, the Sandals of Peace and the Helmet of Salvation. I lift up the Shield of Faith against all the fiery darts of the enemy, and I take in my hand the Sword of the Spirit, the Word of God. I choose to use the Word of God against all the forces of evil in my life. I put on this armor and live and pray in complete dependence upon you, blessed Holy Spirit.
I am grateful, Heavenly Father, that The Lord Jesus Christ spoiled all principalities and powers and made a show of them openly, triumphing over them. I claim all that victory for my life today. I reject all the insinuations, accusations, and the temptations of Satan. I affirm that the Word of God is true and I choose today to live in light of God’s Word. I choose, Heavenly Father, to live in obedience to you and in fellowship with You. Open my eyes and show me the areas of my life that do not please you. Work in me to cleanse me from all ground that would give Satan a foothold against me . I do in every way stand in all that it means to be your adopted child and I welcome all the ministry of the Holy Spirit.
By faith and in dependence upon you I put off the fleshly works of the old man and stand in all the victory of the crucifixion where the Lord Jesus Christ provided cleansing from my old nature. I put on the new man and stand in all the victory of the resurrection and the provision He has made for me to live above sin.
Therefore, today I put off all forms of selfishness and put on the new nature with it’s love. I put off all forms of fear and put on the new nature with it’s strength. I put off all forms of lust and put on the new nature with it’s righteousness, purity, and honesty. I am trusting you to show me how to make this practical in my daily life.
In every way I stand in the victory of the ascension and glorification of The Lord Jesus Christ, whereby all the principalities and powers were made subject to Him. I claim my place in Christ as victorious with Him over all the enemies of my soul. Blessed Holy Spirit, I pray that you would fill me . Come into my life, break down every idol and cast out every foe.
I am thankful, Heavenly Father, for the expression of your will for my daily life as you have shown me in your Word. I, therefore , claim all the will of God for today. I am thankful that you have blessed me with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. I am thankful that you have begotten me unto a living hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. I am thankful that you have made a provision so that today I can live filled with the Spirit of God with love and joy and peace, with long-suffering, gentleness and goodness, with meekness, faithfulness and self control in my life. I recognize that this is your will for me and I therefore reject and resist all endeavors of Satan and his wicked spirits to rob me of the will of God. I refuse them.
My soul waits thou only upon God. For my expectation is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense. I SHALL NOT BE MOVED!!
The Message Bible: God, the One and Only. I’ll wait as long as He says, Everything I hope for comes from Him, so why not? He’s a solid Rock under my feet, breathing room for my soul, an impregnable castle: I’m set 4 life.
New Living Translation: Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in Him; he alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will not be shaken.